Your Mom's place

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Your Mom's place
Your Mom's place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Social Media Platform Dubbed ''The People’s Site'' by Anonymous

3 posters

Go down

New Social Media Platform Dubbed ''The People’s Site'' by Anonymous Empty New Social Media Platform Dubbed ''The People’s Site'' by Anonymous

Post by Your Mom Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:23 pm

New Social Media Platform Dubbed ''The People’s Site'' by Anonymous Facebook-tombstone
Facebook may have finally met its match. By directly targeting the social media behemoth’s lack of messaging encryption, infamously opaque algorithms, and government and advertiser accessibility, Minds.com has earned the attention of privacy advocates, activists, and frustrated Facebook users—and has even garnered active support from Anonymous. By employing many similar features found on Facebook and other social media giants, Minds gives its users a familiar platform without the numerous privacy concerns plaguing the long-established sites.

Users will find the typical status updates, comments, and link-sharing as other social media, but Minds takes the government’s eyes out of the equation by encrypting private messages and using open-source code that any programmer can check. The platform uses a “reward’ system based on points to earn “views” for posts, so the more active you are, the more the network will promote your posts—-without hindrance from advertisers and profit models.

“For every mobile vote, comment, remind, swipe & upload you earn points which can be exchanged for views on posts of your choice. It’s a new web paradigm that gives everyone a voice,” explains the website.

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/06/new-social-media-platform-dubbed.html#more
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

https://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Social Media Platform Dubbed ''The People’s Site'' by Anonymous Empty Re: New Social Media Platform Dubbed ''The People’s Site'' by Anonymous

Post by DF nli Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Until money gets involved...
Anonymous
DF nli

Back to top Go down

New Social Media Platform Dubbed ''The People’s Site'' by Anonymous Empty Re: New Social Media Platform Dubbed ''The People’s Site'' by Anonymous

Post by Terpentin Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:16 pm

I´m not sure this will fly much.
People who are shallow enough to have a use for the exhibitionist circle-jerk known as facebuk obviously don´t give a fuck about their privacy and vice versa.

I know I wouldn´t even if it was run by Eddie Snowden himself...  New Social Media Platform Dubbed ''The People’s Site'' by Anonymous 2003594920
Terpentin
Terpentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:17 pm

it's natural to be cynical, but there do exist people who do not sway in the breeze of cash offers. I'd like to think I'm one of these. I'm as poor as a church mouse, but (big laugh) if this site ever took off, I couldn't sell it for anything or allow outside interference because money just doesn't motivate me.
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Terpentin wrote:I´m not sure this will fly much.
People who are shallow enough to have a use for the exhibitionist circle-jerk known as facebuk obviously don´t give a fuck about their privacy and vice versa.

I know I wouldn´t even if it was run by Eddie Snowden himself...  New Social Media Platform Dubbed ''The People’s Site'' by Anonymous 2003594920
I'm with you, Terps; wanna be my face fuck friend?

Fuck, I wouldn't especially if it was Snowden! Me no trust
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Fisher Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:23 pm

That's true. I'm just in a cynical mood today. And most days lately.

Something about social media just bothers me. I don't think you get the benefits of real human interaction, and it tends to lead to narcissism. Guess it depends how you use it though.
Doug Fisher
Doug Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Doug Fisher wrote:That's true. I'm just in a cynical mood today. And most days lately.

Something about social media just bothers me. I don't think you get the benefits of real human interaction, and it tends to lead to narcissism. Guess it depends how you use it though.
Cynical is ok; I'm beyond cynicism; I hate these social media and the airheads that use them with a passion bordering on pathological.
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terpentin Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Doug Fisher wrote:That's true. I'm just in a cynical mood today. And most days lately.

Thats the problem I think. The technology is always neutral, it depends on the users what they make of it and sadly, most people seem to be content with liking each others lunches or other general asshattery.

Terpentin
Terpentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Fisher Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:11 pm

It's just not for me. I'm blunt and I could care less about most people. I hate small talk, shallow conversation, niceties, and pretending to care about strangers. I stick to my close circle of friends and like it that way. Get off my cyber-lawn.
Doug Fisher
Doug Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Terpentin wrote:

Thats the problem I think. The technology is always neutral, it depends on the users what they make of it and sadly, most people seem to be content with liking each others lunches or other general asshattery.

The technology may be neutral, but it's those that have behind the scenes access to it and their motives that worry me.
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down