Your Mom's place

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Your Mom's place
Your Mom's place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone love abandoned places?

+7
Wolf Pup
NLI
sweet
Tude
Doug Fisher
Sarah522
Your Mom
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone love abandoned places?

Post by Tude Mon May 25, 2015 11:31 am

Ha - One of my players found an abandoned motel - red roof inn - oklahoma city, ok. This just amazes me - the waste of living space. Must be 120 rooms here and all the lamps and curtains and beds and stuff. I'm hoping to find some stuff like this when I hit Tallahassee FL in < 2 weeks - - vantage there is that people abandoned a lot of stuff due to hurricane damage and stuff. hehe - he slept in his truck that night and not in the place. Smile

lots more pics at the link. https://squattheplanet.com/threads/red-carpet-inn-moore-ok.23855/

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Redroof

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Redroof1

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Redroof2

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Redroof3
Tude
Tude

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Mon May 25, 2015 11:39 am

AWESOME!

Somehow, I'm reminded of an under rated 80s movie from NZ called Quiet Earth.

5 July begins as a normal winter morning near Hamilton, New Zealand. At 6:12 a.m., the Sun darkens for a moment, and a red light surrounded by darkness is briefly seen.

Zac Hobson (Bruno Lawrence) is a scientist working for Delenco, part of an international consortium working on "Project Flashlight", an experiment to create a global energy grid. He awakens abruptly; when he turns on his radio, he is unable to receive any transmissions. Zac gets dressed and drives into the deserted city. Investigating a fire, he discovers the wreckage of a passenger jet, but there are no bodies, only empty seats.

He enters his underground laboratory; a monitor displays the message "Project Flashlight Complete". The mass disappearance seems to coincide with the moment Flashlight was activated. He notes on his tape recorder:

"Zac Hobson, July 5th. One: there has been a malfunction in Project Flashlight with devastating results. Two: it seems I am the only person left on Earth."

Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

https://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pup Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:26 pm

I love those places! However, I would like to visit the ones here locally, but I don't want to trespass.
Wolf Pup
Wolf Pup

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:03 pm

I'm doing research now for abandoned place in Tallahassee FL - where I'm going Sat. Found some interesting stuff on haunted places as well. AND found three places that sell hard root beer! I'm a happy person! That was on my bucket list. Last trip there I found bourbon barrel aged beer (boo they don't have it in NY) - that was on my bucket list. hehe pays to do research ...
Tude
Tude

Back to top Go down

Post by Terpentin Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:34 pm

Wolf Pup wrote:I love those places! However, I would like to visit the ones here locally, but I don't want to trespass.

Is it considered trespassing when its abandoned and obviously nobody cares for the place?
I´d say its ok but don´t try to sue anyone if you break a leg there... Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 2003594920
Terpentin
Terpentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:53 pm

yeah if it's fenced in and stuff - I'm out there. There's several places in FL abandoned - mostly due to hurricane damage - no rebuilds. I'm on a mission to find this though - abandoned cement factory. hehe looks like there's been a few visitors there from all the tags ...

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 F57a0ba51268ba0520784b3b842f4989
Tude
Tude

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:37 pm

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Fascinating_destinations_that_have_been_neglected_for_many_years_640_02

In 1910, this grand palace was built as a home for Polish Royalty. The rest of the century proved uncertain for the country and under communist rule the palace became an agricultural school, as well as a home for mentally handicapped adults and children. The former palace was deserted following the fall of the USSR.

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Fascinating_destinations_that_have_been_neglected_for_many_years_640_04

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Fascinating_destinations_that_have_been_neglected_for_many_years_640_13

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Fascinating_destinations_that_have_been_neglected_for_many_years_640_22

Bus 142 was left behind by the workers who built the railway at Stampede Trail. Christopher McCandless, an American hitchhiker whose story was told through the movie "Into The Wild, lived and died in what he referred to as the "magic bus" during the summer of 1992.

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Fascinating_destinations_that_have_been_neglected_for_many_years_640_30

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Fascinating_destinations_that_have_been_neglected_for_many_years_640_32

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Fascinating_destinations_that_have_been_neglected_for_many_years_640_33

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Fascinating_destinations_that_have_been_neglected_for_many_years_640_35

Sauce
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Finally found some good coordinates on the abandoned cement factory in Tallahassee FL where I was. Had to walk a couple miles down some train tracks and there it was!!! hehe had my big camera with me too - that serves two uses - pictures of course - and also a tool to get you in a place. Security hovered over us but the "Hi I'm here to take photos for a paper I'm writing" works quite well. Got the go ahead to do what we wanted. Was able to climb all over it - lovely graffiti too. Pics coming when I unload from camera tonite. Oh and I, being the classy person that I am ... when getting off the tracks and down to the factory - had to slide down a 20 foot embankment. My dress got caught on some tree roots - and I did not know that it ripped. hehe I walked around with that all day till Chris noticed it was ripped in the back. LOL My little purple dress had a good foot sized rip in it and it hung down so the yellow undies were viewable. Brilliant yellow undies. Yay!!
Tude
Tude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 2003594920

Hope you got pics of that too!
Sarah522
Sarah522

Back to top Go down

Post by Macdougal Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:56 am

Too funny, Tude!
Macdougal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:38 am

Abandoned Cement/Asphalt factory - Tallahassee, FL

Yep Found it. Took a little research but I got it. Parked the car way down the road and walked - and probably did a couple miles on the tracks (hehe and then walked out of the opening of the place that had a mailbox and street access that was unused anymore, meh - so we entered from the backside). It was BI3 (Chris) and me. Slid down from tracks down a 20' embankment, didn't realize that I tore backside of dress and treated everyone for the next many hours (including walking down highway) to brilliant yellow under wear. hehe.

We took pics of the mailbox and addy if anyone is interested. It was actually pretty cool. Talked with the security - we didn't have packs or anything and I had a big camera so I guess we looked legit Wink

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Chris1

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 100

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 126

Did some climbing up some stuff - met up with some creepy locked doors that I think needed to stay locked.

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 132

Now why do I have poison ivy atm? hehe I travel very light and sneakers/boots were not on the menu.

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 128

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 127

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 122

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 141

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 146

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 135

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 131

Yeah that's a BI3 butt

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 139

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 144

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 112

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 147

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 129

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 130

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 119

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 137

It was a pretty cool place that could have been explored even more but we were running out of water - really wanted to get into the offices but the flooring up on some of the levels was quite sketchy.  Smile

Oh and yer chair is waiting for you.  Wink

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 134

Next stop for me is an abandoned Psych ward by me.  Have to do some research on it - read a couple things where a reporter got in there.  And also of a couple people who got a trespassing charge ...

Kid who just couch surfed my place texted me a couple days ago - guess him and a friend were having a wonderful time going through abandoned buildings in Albany NY.  And also found some caves and were in a couple miles - and then were crawling through narrow openings on their chest.  I won't do that.  Smile
Tude
Tude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:06 am

Fantastic pics, Tude! Looks like a good time! Thanks for posting! cheers

Sarah522
Sarah522

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Ghost_towns_from_around_the_world_640_high_03

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Ghost_towns_from_around_the_world_640_06

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Ghost_towns_from_around_the_world_640_high_07

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Ghost_towns_from_around_the_world_640_high_08

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Ghost_towns_from_around_the_world_640_12
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Ghost_towns_from_around_the_world_640_high_13

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Ghost_towns_from_around_the_world_640_15

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Ghost_towns_from_around_the_world_640_16
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:22 pm

Next up for me is Slab City (hopefully, in October - if not then I'll be researching some abandoned stuff in Georgia). It's an abandoned army base in the desert in CA. The buildings are gone - just the concrete slabs were left. Slowly people living off the grid got out there and it's become an artist's community with lots of interesting stuff to see out there. Our website is holding it's first gathering there and I'm going to travel with another moderator there (he just got back from exploring Thailand and Vietnam). No running water so we need to carry as much as possible as well as all our belongs/house on our back. It is it's own community with no outside interference. Rather a large commune full of hippies, dreadlocks, tattoos, old hippies and oh lots of nudity. Very Happy

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Pb_120306_slab_city_cali_nj_01_photoblog900

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Slab_city_lance_sullivan_5

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 KNXV_Slab_city2_20131108053348_640_480

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 6625733451_1fbf7753f4_b
Tude
Tude

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Your post reminded me of a hostel in which I stayed in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

Hostel Celica, currently an artsy youth hostel, was once a military prison within the military barracks of Metelkova Street, dating back to 1882. Once Slovenia gained independence and the barracks were no longer needed, the Metelkova Network planned to turn the site into a multicultural center. The vision never came to be, and when the city tried to demolish the barracks, the network and its supporters used their bodies to protect the building. They occupied the site, and when the city turned off the electricity and water, a new plan began to form in their minds.
The group decided to make the place into a welcoming space for international travelers, and with the help of architect Janko Jozic and over 80 artists, Hostel Celica opened its doors to its first guests in 2003.
While the space is now a hostel, that doesn’t mean it’s lost its essence of history and culture. There are 20 prison cells that act as rooms, and one of the former prison cells has been converted into a Point of Peace, a space where visitors can pray and meditate. There are alters for the five major world religions of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, and Hinduism, and the highest religious representatives from each have come to bless the space. Moreover, an art gallery resides on the first floor of the hostel, and workshops, debates, concerts, and cultural events take place on a daily basis.

Although the prison has been turned into a hostel, the entire complex has been commandeered by artists of all kind.

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 44886391

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Hostel-Celica-5

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 9cc9df30c50e6bb0fd2bece848c7dff8
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:14 pm

^^ooooo I would like that!
Tude
Tude

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:22 am

Chernobyl - more pix at site.

http://villageofjoy.com/chernobyl-today-a-creepy-story-told-in-pictures/

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Chernobyl-Today-A-Creepy-Story-told-in-Pictures-school5

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Chernobyl-Today-A-Creepy-Story-told-in-Pictures-funfair

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Chernobyl-Today-A-Creepy-Story-told-in-Pictures-kindergarten3
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by FurriesRock Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:59 am

Wolf Pup wrote:I love those places! However, I would like to visit the ones here locally, but I don't want to trespass.

I found an abandoned industrial building sitting near a local small town.

Someone just built a new warehouse near it and left it to rot.

It had dense enough foliage for me to hide the car from passing observers and go exploring.

Don't be too afraid to explore, the most the cops will do is tell you to leave, at least the first time, and if you have a camera in hand you can always tell them you were there to take pictures.
FurriesRock
FurriesRock

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:52 pm

FurriesRock wrote:

I found an abandoned industrial building sitting near a local small town.  

Someone just built a new warehouse near it and left it to rot.

It had dense enough foliage for me to hide the car from passing observers and go exploring.

Don't be too afraid to explore, the most the cops will do is tell you to leave, at least the first time, and if you have a camera in hand you can always tell them you were there to take pictures.

Yup I've found my big camera is a nice tool to have. Took my one friend out the back of this building and we got through the fence --- the whole back of the building is all great graffiti - even the parking lot has massive amounts of it too -- and of course the railroad is right in back as well. And we didn't realize it but CSX (railroad) has an office in that building and a guy came walking out and was a little stern at first (they of course don't want you to hop a train or even scope the yard out for future hopping) but it was the camera that came to the rescue again as said I wanted to show my friend the stunning artwork back here and take pictures for a project I'm working on. hehe he stayed on and gave some history on the site there, etc which friend loved - he's the train hopper.
Tude
Tude

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pup Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:06 pm

I wish there was a way to claim something that is abandoned.
Wolf Pup
Wolf Pup

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Tude wrote:

Yup I've found my big camera is a nice tool to have.  

Your photos are awesome!
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:09 pm

Emma wrote:
Tude wrote:

Yup I've found my big camera is a nice tool to have.   

Your photos are awesome!

Thanks!!

Heading to Pensacola Oct or Nov to visit my large traveling friend again - and have been put to task to research more abandoned places. I see haunted places - may look into that - and I hear there's an abandoned motel there - I will find that. But I really want to find (and I have an address - yay!) Goofy Golf!!! Abandoned miniature golf course. Fun going through these things. Ultimate would be to find and explore an abandoned amusement park. I have researched them and I'm pretty sure there is one down there somewhere. Hurricanes have done a lot of damage over the years and many don't rebuild.

Goofy Golf!!

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Pens

Anyone love abandoned places? - Page 2 Pens1
Tude
Tude

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:11 pm

Sounds like fun; good luck with that!
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:01 am

Nursery rhymes and dinos on the same golf course. OK then! Not sure how the upside down bear fits but when you're playing the game it's all about holes.
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next