Your Mom's place

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Your Mom's place
Your Mom's place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers

5 posters

Go down

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers Empty Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers

Post by Professor Higgins Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:14 am

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers 1a.-Naked-Man-Orchid-Orchis-Italica1-720x478

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers 2.-Hooker%E2%80%99s-Lips-Psychotria-Elata-720x481
Hooker’s Lips!

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers 3.-Snap-Dragon-Seed-Pod-Antirrhinum-720x480

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers 5.-Dancing-Girls-Impatiens-Bequaertii1-720x600
Dancing girls

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers 16a.-Monkey-Face-Orchid-Dracula-Simia-720x1080
The Monkey Face Orchid

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers 20.-Orchid-That-Looks-Like-A-Ballerina-720x955
The Ballerina Orchid

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers 22a.-White-Egret-Orchid-Habenaria-Radiata1-720x496
The White Egret Orchid

Interesting that so many of these are orchids.

http://inyminy.com/22-extraordinary-unique-flowers-totally-forgot-flowers/
Professor Higgins
Professor Higgins

Back to top Go down

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers Empty Re: Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers

Post by Your Mom Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:53 am

Great pics, prof; love 'em.

I'm reminded of a David Attenborough show where he highlighted an orchid in Western Australia, where I was living at the time, which resembled a local wasp and with which said wasp attempted copulation, which fertilised the orchid. You've really got me thinking about the orchid family and it's propensity for mimicry. Great post!
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

https://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers Empty Re: Extraordinary And Unique Flowers That Totally Forgot How To Be Flowers

Post by Anonymouse Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:11 pm

More interesting ones at the link. I like the bat flower. It' pretty neat looking.
Anonymouse
Anonymouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi anonymouse and welcome.

Yeah, the bat flower is way cool.
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

https://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly Golightly Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:21 am

I love orchids. There's a pedestrian road in Miami where these brilliant dark red ones hang down from the trees. Absolutely stunning. It's the only place I've seen them in the wild.

When I was in the Keys, I saw my first banana tree flower. They're pretty amazing, too. I'd post a pic but it's on a different device. One of these days, if anyone's interested.
Holly Golightly
Holly Golightly

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:05 am

Beautiful flowers Professor.
aussie
aussie

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Higgins Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:54 am

There's an orchideria in the Botanical garden in Rio, but I didn't see anything to rival these ones above.
Professor Higgins
Professor Higgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum