Your Mom's place

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Your Mom's place
Your Mom's place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the real William West please stand up.

4 posters

Go down

Will the real William West please stand up. Empty Will the real William West please stand up.

Post by Professor Higgins Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:02 am

Have a look at these pictures.

Will the real William West please stand up. Willia57

Will the real William West please stand up. Willia58

It's the same man, right?
Well, they're both Will West, but not the same person at all and, due to their similarity, changed the face of policing forever.
In 1903, a prisoner named Will West (above) arrived at Leavenworth. The record clerk took one look at West's mugshots and insisted that he had seen him before. West disagreed and said that he had never been to Leavenworth before.

The clerk, however, was sure that he had seen West's mugshot before and retrieved the file based on West's measurements. Inside, was the mugshot below. When he showed it to West, he was confused. He said, "That's my picture, but I don't know where you got it because I've never been here before!"

As amazing as it sounds, West was telling the truth. He had never been to Leavenworth before. The man in the mug shot had the exact same measurements as west and was virtually identical. As a matter of fact, if this wasn't eerie enough, the mysterious twin, serving time at Leavenworth, was also named William West.

The incident called the reliability of Bertillion measurements (the then-accepted means of identifying people) into question, and it was decided that a more positive means of identification was necessary. You can then thank these two lifers named William West for helping to usher in the age of fingerprinting.

Will the real William West please stand up. 9115685_orig

http://82141360.weebly.com/will-west-case.html
Professor Higgins
Professor Higgins

Back to top Go down

Will the real William West please stand up. Empty Re: Will the real William West please stand up.

Post by Troller Durden Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:26 pm

wow....thats a doppelganger.
Troller Durden
Troller Durden

Back to top Go down

Will the real William West please stand up. Empty Re: Will the real William West please stand up.

Post by Your Mom Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:50 pm

Troller Durden wrote:wow....thats a doppelganger.

It's a great post; good find, prof.

What I like about this is the sheer coincidence that they had the same name and were incarcerated in the same prison. Had the original Will West not been a prisoner, no one would have believed his claims. Not that it would have made a difference; he was sentenced to life lol!
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

https://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Higgins Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:09 pm

Thanks Troller, Mom. I thought so as well. Plus, the implications of this!
Professor Higgins
Professor Higgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Point Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:21 pm

Holy crap! I wonder which lucky SOB is wandering around out there with MY face?
Zero Point
Zero Point
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:31 pm

certainly look at least like brothers.

Here are some more lookalikes I found.

Will the real William West please stand up. 0_0_0_0_239_504_csupload_45635860_large

Will the real William West please stand up. 2C9A763059CD4D533346D8F32BE41

Will the real William West please stand up. 74812740287536F4FBC4D54725C9C

Will the real William West please stand up. DA5A7540A4DD204973B45762CF2EFF

Will the real William West please stand up. C21FA2762DDA5A078E391ADC66EB6

Will the real William West please stand up. 336112DBE3283F2AB3FD2BD3BE5

Will the real William West please stand up. 0c4acd305d987de1e9f0b75ac6e99bb6

Will the real William West please stand up. 140213-tiger-impersonator-arrest-480

Will the real William West please stand up. 140213-tiger-impersonator-arrest-480

Will the real William West please stand up. RodStewartImpersonator

Will the real William West please stand up. Kim-Jong-un-Impersonator

And the winner is ...

Will the real William West please stand up. Worstuniforms-11

More here
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

https://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down