Your Mom's place

Windows 10 anybody using it?

Go down

Windows 10 anybody using it?

Post by Webster on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:09 pm

I ain't going to to touch it. It appears that Microsoft is slipping in similar telemetary to W7 through updates and I assume W8 as well.
Webster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 10 anybody using it?

Post by Your Mom on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:30 pm

For some reason, and praise dog, my system does not recognise windows updates and won't allow them, but I trust these mofos as far as I can kick Bill Gates. I have W7 which won't even allow me to personalise the desktop. Cocksuckers!
Your Mom
Admin

View user profile http://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Published on Aug 22, 2015

"Every time you open an image in Windows Ten, it informs Microsoft. Creepy as hell and hard to believe, but the packet capture proves it.

I thought at first this might be happening every time you launch a program, which is perhaps marginally better, so I launched some other programs too and didn't observe any traffic. It was only after making this video that I came up with another theory: It does make the suspicious encrypted connection upon launching calculator. Why does MS care how often I run calculator? No idea, but I think it might be something to do with both the image preview and calculator being new 'metro' interface, store apps. It might be that MS simply wishes to be immediately informed every time you run any application. That's not much of an improvement on my earlier 'spy on your images' theory."

Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Welcome to the future. And to allay any suspicions, this information is not informed to a human being but a bot program with infinitely greater processing capability. You're welcome!
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webster on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:36 pm

I guess what concerned me about W10 the most yes you are supposed to be able to turn off alot of the calling home/spying if you like. But is it really turned off and what else is going on that they are not admitting too. Sure I believe there are back doors in most of the recent Windows OS but damn this one seems to very intrusive. W7 is the last OS from Microsoft that I liked so guess that is what I will be staying with.
Webster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:10 pm

Well, my company, which couldn't exist without computers, still uses XP. What does that tell ya?

Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Webster on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Yeh I know Sarah my XP box is tricked to get security updates and it still works just fine. Don't really use it much anymore but its available.
Webster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah522 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:39 pm

I imagine in another 20 years, when they're getting ready to release Windows 19, we'll all be saying, "Oh how I wish we could just go back to Windows 10!!"

Sarah522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:21 pm

Heck, I'm still waiting for him to notice I've changed his AV.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tude on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:21 pm

I've been looking into it. Hate messing with that stuff though. This laptop is running just fine. Just rebuilt and wiped bigger laptop - full of virus! I know where it/they came from too.
Tude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Webster on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:01 pm

Your Mom wrote:Heck, I'm still waiting for him to notice I've changed his AV.

Smile I saw you changed it..it gave me a chuckle. And of course I knew it had to be you who did such a thing. Sometimes no reaction is the best reaction if some one is pulling your pigtails....grasshopper!

Most people assume the little black guy is the reason I use the Webster handle...its not but its still cool as I liked the little dude.
Webster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Mom on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Of course you did. I was just being MR Obvious. You should see what I did to Elisabeth`s av. I`ve messed with very few avs, but sometimes it`s hard to resist. Then again, posters are always free to undo my meddling, but don`t usually want to.
Your Mom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down