Your Mom's place

Where the dead go to die

Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Where the dead go to die

Post by Kanigo2 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:47 pm

3 minute movie trailer - imdb , click the video link


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2095004/?ref_=nm_ov_bio_lk1
Kanigo2
Kanigo2

Posts : 148
Join date : 2015-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Your Mom on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:35 pm

You inhabit a dark place, Kan. Embrace the light!
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2015-02-26

View user profile http://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Kanigo2 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Read a book recently describing grief.


One of the bones of contention for the author was summed up in this way.


"If I previously built my house and life on such beauty and hard honest work---yet it was knocked over like a house of cards- what could possibly motivate me to build another knowing it was simply another house of cards?"





Oh it's really so much deeper than that YM-but it's a good consolidated description of the bottomless hole I stare into with my open eyes.
I stay for the kids, lest it infect them also.by my passing.


Last edited by Kanigo2 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kanigo2
Kanigo2

Posts : 148
Join date : 2015-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Kanigo2 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:51 pm

-but anyway,that's not important

This is actually just a movie trailer.
I didn't make the damn thing-it's actually no different then "pet goat"

-and reminded me of the psycho image cartoon on Cartoon Network with the character with the bird beak and backward knees./idiot Indian shaman
Kanigo2
Kanigo2

Posts : 148
Join date : 2015-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Your Mom on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Kanigo2 wrote:Read a book recently describing grief.


One of the bones of contention for the author was summed up in this way.


"If I previously built my house and life on such beauty hard honest work---yet it was knocked over like a house of cards- what could possibly motivate me to build another knowing it was simply another house of cards?"





Oh it's really so much deeper than that YM-but it's a good consolidated description of the bottomless hole I stare into with my open eyes.
I stay for the kids, lest it infect them also.by my passing.


I understand exactly where you're coming from, Kan, trust me, I do, but that's defeatism.
Sure, we all get knocked over in life, but the dominance of the human spirit burns brightly when we get up again, and again, and again and conquer new grounds. If I didn't have faith in this, I would have offed myself years ago! All it needs is to awake with eyes that see the world anew, unhampered by the visions of the past!
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2015-02-26

View user profile http://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Kanigo2 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:33 pm

As strange as this sounds YM, the likelyhood of a long term widower making it back to the "real world" are quite shallow.

I actually think I'm doing pretty good anymore-I'm sitting here talking to you,sober,I work and make shit,still raise the family.

Met my new grandson,-my youngest is finishing her senior year.

Bills are paid-not in debt.

Got to see two different women last week.
Tues/Fri. LoL


--------------------------------------------------------------------------


But underneath it all, YM-it's still there, it consumes me from the inside.

--------________________---------
Very very few widowers are ever the same-most just decay in front of your eyes-in a hundred different ways.

I understand the dangers-and I know what I'm carrying-I recognize the enemy.
Kanigo2
Kanigo2

Posts : 148
Join date : 2015-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Kanigo2 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:35 pm

*not my personal blog
*ignore
Kanigo2
Kanigo2

Posts : 148
Join date : 2015-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Your Mom on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:37 pm

For what it's worth, Kan, I respect what you have done. I can't possibly imagine the horror of the nightmare you've gone through, and I am thankful that I haven't had a similar experience.

Keep on keeping on and know that you have support for what that's worth.
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2015-02-26

View user profile http://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Your Mom on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Kanigo2 wrote:*not my personal blog
*ignore

Sure, and it's not mine either, but it is a platform for free expression in whatever form that may take. You are most welcome to post whatever you want in a free and unfettered environment. Something which I suspect is very rare on the interwebs and getting rarer by the day!

Carry on!
Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2015-02-26

View user profile http://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Macdougal on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:58 am

K, I talked to you before about what happened with my husband dying. You're never going to forget it, but you will start enjoying life again even though it takes years. Moving to another state helped me...new start and all that.
avatar
Macdougal

Posts : 122
Join date : 2015-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:52 pm

Kanigo2 wrote:*not my personal blog
*ignore

"(I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden"

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime
When you take you gotta give so live and let live and let go oh oh oh oh
I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden

I could promise you things like big diamond rings
But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover
So you better think it over
Well, if sweet talking you could make it come true
I would give you the world right now on a silver platter
But what would it matter
So smile for a while and let's be jolly love shouldn't be so melancholy
Come along and share the good times while we can

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime
I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden

I could sing you a tune and promise you the moon
But if that's what it takes to hold you I'd just as soon let you go
But there's one thing I want you to know
You'd better look before you leap still waters run deep
And there won't always be someone there to pull you out
And you know what I'm talking about
So smile for a while and let's be jolly love shouldn't be so melancholy
Come along and share the good times while we can

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime.....

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime.....


Writer(s): Joe South




Actually I am glad to hear things are looking up for you. I actually give a shit. I have seen you "walk through the valley of the shadow of death" that most people don't come back from.

Mortality is our greatest vexation. All the rest seems less significant by comparison.

I won't hammer you about it. Grief is part of the healing process.
Frigg Stuyvesant
Frigg Stuyvesant

Posts : 157
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Im right cheer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:55 pm

Macdougal wrote:K, I talked to you before about what happened with my husband dying. You're never going to forget it, but you will start enjoying life again even though it takes years. Moving to another state helped me...new start and all that.

You too Macdouggie!

Where the dead go to die 4050981673
Frigg Stuyvesant
Frigg Stuyvesant

Posts : 157
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Im right cheer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Coolchick on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:45 pm

Frigg Stuyvesant wrote:
Kanigo2 wrote:*not my personal blog
*ignore

"(I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden"

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime
When you take you gotta give so live and let live and let go oh oh oh oh
I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden

I could promise you things like big diamond rings
But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover
So you better think it over
Well, if sweet talking you could make it come true
I would give you the world right now on a silver platter
But what would it matter
So smile for a while and let's be jolly love shouldn't be so melancholy
Come along and share the good times while we can

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime
I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden

I could sing you a tune and promise you the moon
But if that's what it takes to hold you I'd just as soon let you go
But there's one thing I want you to know
You'd better look before you leap still waters run deep
And there won't always be someone there to pull you out
And you know what I'm talking about
So smile for a while and let's be jolly love shouldn't be so melancholy
Come along and share the good times while we can

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime.....

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime.....


Writer(s): Joe South




Actually I am glad to hear things are looking up for you. I actually give a shit. I have seen you "walk through the valley of the shadow of death" that most people don't come back from.

Mortality is our greatest vexation. All the rest seems less significant by comparison.

I won't hammer you about it. Grief is part of the healing process.


the lady who sang that died, eh.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/31/lynn-anderson-singer-rose-garden-dies-aged-67
Coolchick
Coolchick

Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Your Mom on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:48 pm

Your Mom
Your Mom
Admin

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2015-02-26

View user profile http://yourmomsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Coolchick on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:57 pm

and wayne dyer died on saturday. i just read it today.

Sad

Coolchick
Coolchick

Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Macdougal on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:57 am

Thanks, Frigg, but I've had 38 years to get over my grief. Kan's is relatively fresh as those things go. When it starts seeming like these horrible things happened in another lifetime, then you're ok.
avatar
Macdougal

Posts : 122
Join date : 2015-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Frigg Stuyvesant on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:52 am

Coolchick wrote:and wayne dyer died on saturday. i just read it today.

Sad


Are you fucking serious?     ...MmGod!


Frigg Stuyvesant
Frigg Stuyvesant

Posts : 157
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Im right cheer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the dead go to die Empty Re: Where the dead go to die

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum